Keep this list in your wallet so that you have it ready for yourself or a co-worker or friend in case of injury.
- Go to the doctor immediately.
- Complete an accident report as soon as possible. Keep a copy for yourself.
- Tell your supervisor about the accident.
- Tell the doctor about every body part that you injured.
- Tell the doctor how you were injured at work.
Following these simple steps will strengthen your work injury case and keep the insurance company from denying your benefits.
If the Workers’ Compensation insurance company wants to take a statement from you regarding the accident, call a Work Comp lawyer right away. The insurance company can use any statement you make against your interest.
Questions about your work injury case? Feel free to contact Illinois Workers’ Compensation Attorney Dirk May at 309-827-4371.